Thursday 28 April 2011

14 again

Have you ever felt like you just travelled back through time? That happened to me today... In a millisecond, I was 14 again on my first day of high school. I still remember it like it was yesterday – had my favourite jeans on, green-brown lumberjack shirt and Sketchers boots and was walking extremely slowly (it felt like slow motion in action movies). As I was approaching school I spotted some cool kids fooling around, having fun... and terror overwhelmed me. Will they like me? Will I make new friends? Do we have common interests? What will I do if they don’t like me? You know – standard set of questions floating around in a 14-years-old-teenage-girl-mind. Could I have run home? No. So, I took a deep breath and said “hy”... And survived. The trick was – nobody told me those were standard questions crossing everyone’s mind...


I have been promising myself something for a long time now: to open an account on Fotosofia - a Croatian site organised and driven by Damir Hoyka (famous Croatian photographer). Photographs from various parts of Croatia (and further) post their photo galleries, comment on others' work and evaluate it, participate in contests etc. Most valuable thing about the site is watching those galleries and learning from the best people in the business.

To be completely honest in this late night hour – I was (still am) terrified of putting my photographs out there for all of those amazing, talented people to see. And I felt 14 all over again... 
So, I did the same thing I did back then – took a deep breath, stepped up, said “hy” and posted my photos to Fotosofia... 

Hope the cool kids like me :) 

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, jako lijepe fotke i blog:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...