Thursday 17 March 2011

Gargamel on skis...

One of my 101 goals is learning how to ski… I went skiing once before but it didn`t went quite well… 
We went to Nassfeld (Austria) and the first day was simply beautiful – sun was shining, it was warm, we enrolled me in ski-school...on the second day, all hell broke loose – it started to snow (blizzard would be more appropriate description), fog came down, half of the ski paths were closed...terrible conditions and weather for a first time skier – and those conditions continued through all week... 
I didn’t like it at all...
      

So, why I´m ready to give it another try? Well, all my friends ski, my husband ski, and they are going every year – with or without me. Yesterday, while making a list of things to take with us, I realised something. In this story, I am Gargamel (if you ever watched The Smurfs, you know who I talking about). He is always chasing the Smurfs and they always get away – just like I’m trailing behind my friends on skies... Every time they escape him, he is yelling after them “I'll catch you; even though that’s the last thing I’ll do...”.


This year, my mantra is: I’ll learn how to ski...even though that’s the last thing I’ll do... ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...