Tuesday 15 March 2011

Belly dancers and a splash of colour...


I always wanted to go to a belly dance class. There is something extremely appealing to me in those movements, that rhythm, all that details and multicolour... But I never had the opportunity to see them perform live. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I came to portrait class last Sunday and saw two belly dancers.

The first set was the-static-one:




Our assignment on the second set was to capture the movement. I must admit, it is much harder than it looks – I have xy number of photos where the belly dancer “escaped” from the frame or she turned her back to me... 
My “secret-to-success” at the end was to shoot in a wider angle and then crop in the post processing :)   




Personally, these are two of my favourite’s ones... I really like them – can’t really put my finger on the exact reason but I just do... I "played" with shutter speed (1/5 sec) and that affected the captured mood:



Sweet oriental dreams... ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...