Monday 13 June 2011

An X turning Y

Since I remember, I wanted a sister. All my friends from preschool had at least one sibling. I used to imagine the games we would play, how I would dress her up, look after her, read her stories, what sort of pranks we would do... I begged my parents every once a while to grant me my wish but years passed and nothing happened. So, I gave up the idea of having a sister one day...

On my seventh birthday, my mom told me she was pregnant. It was the best birthday gift ever! She explained to me that they still don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl but I knew it was a girl. Had to be. What would I do with a brother? What games would we play? No – it was meant to be a girl.

After couple of months, my mom had regular examination scheduled so I went with her. I remember “the incident” like it was yesterday – we went to see the doctor while my granddad waited in the car. The doctor started the ultrasound & everything was in perfect condition... Then he asked: Would you like to know the gender of the baby? We said yes, he turned to me and replied: Congratulations, you’ll get a baby brother! 
At first I tought he got it wrong, but he didn’t. I’ve gotten so mad/disappointed that I marched out of ordination (leaving my mother and the doctor speechless) straight to my granddads car and muttered: It’s a boy – what am I supposed to do with a BOY? I was convinced that my parents done that on purpose (remember – I was only 7 and didn’t quite know how the whole “baby thing” works).

My brother was born on October 14. The second I held him in my arms – I was in love. I wouldn’t change him for 10 other sisters. He is one of the kindest persons I know and I love him unconditionally...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

draga moja barbara, tražila sam nešto na internetu...a kad ono neko poznato lice...jel to barbara? kad ono tvoj blog. umjesto da radim,ne mogu se odlijepiti od tvog bloga. sve pohvale za fotke i način pisanja. prava si ribica,al ima tu i nečeg divljeg i pozitivno 'gladnog'... velika pusa i čestitke na curici. tvoja prva susjeda :-) Iva

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...