Saturday 11 June 2011

#46. check and mark!


When I was in my teens (it sounds like I'm fifty years old now) I had the HUGEST crush on John Francis Bongiovi aka Jon Bon Jovi. I was 12 years old when I first heard/saw “Always” video. Oh.My.God. I melted. That was it. Love at first sight. The hair.The torn jeans.The tight T-shirt. The lyrics… My room was covered with their posters. The only thing you could hear from my room was Jon Bon Jovi for quite sometime. It was driving my parents insane. In time, Jon Bon Jovi got mixed up with U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen and other great musicians but "always" had a “special” place in my heart. 

So when I found out they are coming to Zagreb in June, we had to get the tickets. On the morning of the concert, it poured. Badly. Unstoppably. If Noah could have seen that cloudburst, he would have started to build another arc… And the concert was held at Maksimir stadium (under the open sky, of course). Around 1 o'clock, it stopped.  Simply like that. And didn't start again. The weather was p-e-r-f-e-c-t-o.

You give love a bad name, Bed of Roses, I’ll be there for you, It’s my Life, Dead or Alive, Runaway, Living on a Prayer are just some of the songs they rocked the stadium with…


Amazing performance - you should have been there...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...